Notification: Please note that this site will be undergoing essential maintenance on 27 June 2019 and will therefore be unavailable from 08:00 for approximately 1 hour . We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
An innovative course exploring stimulating provision and assessment for children working at greater depth in reading and writing in Years 3, 4 and 5 embracing flair and creativity. This course is a re-run due to popular demand.
Please bring evidence from a child, or selection of children, that demonstrates working at greater depth in reading and writing.
Event Training Objectives
• To explore activities that engage learners and broaden and deepen their understanding
• To develop a greater understanding of the evidence base needed to support assessment of learners working at greater depth
• To further develop higher order questioning
• To consider the importance of the learning environment in creating curious, autonomous learners
Participants will gain:
• Practical, engaging activities and supporting resources to deepen learning in reading and writing • Assessment guidance including building an evidence base
1 - Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils 2 - Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils 3 - Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge 4 - Plan and teach well-structured lessons 5 - Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils 6 - Make accurate and productive use of assessment 7 - Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment